Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at Spoonflower?
Spoonflower has always seemed like a magical place to me. They offer an online digital fabric printing service where you can design your own fabrics and get them printed or choose a design that someone else has created and get it printed.
I have often wondered what happens when I place my order online. How do they take computer images and turn them into printed fabric?
Here are 11 things you should know about Spoonflower:
1. There is fabric everywhere! From the banners on the wall to the upholstery on the chairs, everything is covered in Spoonflower fabric. Even the lampshades are made from fabric printed at Spoonflower.
Check out this wall with the blocks of fabric! Isn’t this a great idea?!? I might just have to try this at home!
2. They have recently branched out into printing wallpaper and wall decals. Check out this pink and orange wall! How did they know that’s my favorite color combo?!?
3. You can order designs in gift wrap. Perfect for the upcoming holidays!
4. They’ve got lots of mega-sized inkjet printers – 20 to be exact. This is the room that holds the printers.
5. They only print on natural fabrics.
6. Once the fabric is printed, it goes to the fixation room to get heat set.
7. Each order is cut by a real person who checks the order using an iPad.
8. They are environmentally conscious. Any fabric that doesn’t pass the quality assurance test is tossed into a big scrap bin and recycled by a company in Alabama and turned into some kind of flooring. It took all the restraint I could muster not to dive into the bin and rescue some of those rejected pieces!
9. They are really organized. Each order goes in its own cubby.
10. The folks that work there have a sense of humor. This sign says, “Hey girl, can’t wait for you to make more designs so I can wrap them for you.”
11. They have over 100,000 designs available. How do you decide on just one or two or six?!?
Click here to find out more about this amazing company!