… a finished quilt!
For the past week, I have trying to finish this I-spy quilt that I started last year for my 2-year old daughter. I used the same approach that I took to making the Treasure Boxes quilt for my 5-year old. I used improvisational piecing and kept things simple by framing the I-spy fabrics in log cabin blocks. This time I used prints and solids in red, orange, pink and gray.
I considered quilting a geometric square pattern to complement the log cabin blocks. Here I was trying the squares on scrap fabric.
In the end, I decided to keep the quilting simple to match the minimalism of the blocks.
I’m glad that I did. I love the texture of the wavy lines.
I backed the quilt in flannel because Baby Girl loves her quilts soft.
It feels good to get a work in progress off my list!